Location: Central London to start then home-based
Reports to: Network Solutions Architect
Duration/Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Exciting opportunity for a Cisco Network Engineer to join an innovative IT Services technology firm and work on next generation technology.
You will be joining a new team focused on Cisco ACI, designing, implementing, developing & helping automate the solutions. You will be involved in projects related to Data Centre Infrastructure & Migration, Cloud & Service Catalogue Solutions, Virtualisation, Infrastructure and Cloud Delivery Solutions, Puppet Labs and Automation technologies.
The role would involve development, consultancy and support, working remotely and on customer site.
Training will be provided on the respective toolsets.
• Strong routing and switching skills with the ability to help design & implement basic technical networking solutions.
• The ability to provide input into a project and able to present to customers.
• A background in network implementation & deployments.
• A willingness to travel.
• CCNA Data Centre or Routing & Switching.
• Experience with basic firewall & load balancer implementations & deployments.
• Deployment of Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, ASR CSR.
• BGP, OSPF
• Be able to work as a team or as an individual, as projects require.
• VMware experience.
• Monitoring & alerting system experience – Cacti, KiwiTools, Solarwinds, etc.
• Willingness to work outside of the ‘normal, traditional’ network deployments.
• Support Senior & Mid-Level Engineers with Solution designs, implementation & development.
• Support individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions.
• Technically support the design and implementation of solutions with the exception of those, which are high risk/large scale.
• Support higher level engineers at customer workshops and meetings.
• Update project documentation.
• Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed.
• Work as part of a team on larger solutions.
Salary Range – Commensurate with experience.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE